Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Raining in Germany ....... goals I hope

Going to be brief today. It will be very hot ( 34 degrees) in Leipzig for the ealy kick off and this must favour my outright selection, Spain.

Unlike the rest of the betting world, I think the goal line is too low, 9 of Ukraine's 12 qualification games had 2+ goals, as did 5 of Spain's last 6 outings, the game could open up, as players tire in the draining conditions.

Too many imponderables in the Saudi-Tunisia tie for me, was leaning towards the african side, before dos Santos was injured. Several very good judges like the Saudi's, so you could take a chance at a big price. I am going to leave it alone, the 8-0 defeat to Germany four years ago worries me.

My main interest is in the late game, despite winning 11 corners and hitting the woodwork twice, Poland were too bad to be true against Ecuador, do not believe they can play so poorly again.

The German defence, or lack of it, is a shambles, their last 6 matches have averaged 5 goals, there HAS to be goals in this game. Going to go big on "over" and a small wager on Poland at a massive quote.

2.5 points over 2 goals Spain-Ukraine 1.92 asian line
4 points over 2.5 goals Germany-Poland 1.86 betfair
1 point over 3.5 goals Germany-Poland 2.98 betfair
1 point Poland 8.40 betfair

Good Luck.

No comments: