Monday, July 31, 2006

Last night a DJ saved my life ......


Boston host Birmingham tonight at the Staffsmart stadium. I was going to tip a decent bet on the visitors and spent a long time looking into the match, but have opted to advise only a minimal bet.

The Championship team is made up of a mixture of fringe first team squad members and reserve players, they are boosted by the inclusion of Fabrice Muamba, on loan from Arsenal and a future star. The latest in a long line of players to be dubbed, "the new Viera".

Plenty of experience with the inclusion of Clemence and Gray, D.J. Campbell is a striker who knows where the goal is and he will be desperate to get on the scoresheet tonight. There will not be too many changes either, Brum are not taking a large squad, which is a plus.

They asked for this match to be put back 48 hours, so that Muamba and everyone who missed the Nancy game at the weekend, could get 90 minutes play before the league starts.

Having made a case for the away win, why am I keeping bets small ? This may sound strange, but I read that the two management teams are close friends and all sorts of conspiracy thoughts came into my mind. Would they take it easy with the league about to start, would they both be happy with a draw, that type of thing.

Anyway, as soon as that entered my head, I decided to half my bet.

Not seen it myself, but if you see a price anywhere for D.J. (Dudley) Campbell to score, that would be interesting.

Birmingham starting XI: Colin Doyle, Peter Till, Sam Oji, Marcos Painter, James Blake, Neil Kilkenny, Fabrice Muamba, Stephen Clemence, Julian Gray, DJ Campbell, Sone Aluko.

1.5 points Birmingham -3/4 asian line 2.20.

Good Luck.

No comments: