Monday, September 18, 2006

HORROR SHOW !

Terrible week !

It had to come, just like Christmas, it always does.

You have to learn to live with the downswings, that is the life of a gambler, but even after 22 years, it is still difficult.

The only thing to do is reduce the stakes a little, work a bit harder and wait for things to change.

How you handle the losing run, is as important as finding winners, you certainly learn more about yourself.

I strongly believe in positive thinking and do not want to write about bad luck/ results, nothing good ever happened to anyone thinking negative thoughts. A positive mental attitude is as important for a gambler, as it is for a sportsman.

When Tiger Woods is 3 shots behind with 2 holes to play, do you think it even enters his head, that he cannot win the tournament ? No way.

However,do not want anyone to think that I am "hiding", or that it doesn't hurt.Believe me, I am licking my wounds.

So, lets try to end on an up note, we have still won in 9 of the last 11 weeks and are showing VERY healthy profits.That is the aim of the blog, consistent long term profits and I am supremely confident that we will continue to achieve that.

Dallas won in the early hours of the morning, therefore, we are already up this week . Gallows humour !

My first selection of the day will be online before 14.00 cet .

Good Luck.

3 comments:

FromZero said...

thats what serious gamblers expect from gambling: long term profit is the only important thing. and even the smartest money management is hardly able to handle the mother of all losing streaks. good luck

antonio said...

Wise words, man! Everybody who likes betting knows the existence of loosing streaks! Come on!

The Natural said...

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the words of support,I REALLY appreciate it.

Would like to point out a couple of things, firstly the last two Brentford bets have won. Two of the few bets that did last week...
Swansea and Bournemouth. Think we are now 2/4 on bets concerning them and the Bees are now finding their true level. It will be a tough season for them.

With regard to any bet I put online,my homework will have been done. My conclusion may be wrong and sometimes it may not be possible to write a full preview, but I will always do the research.

Had a problem with the server at lunchtime yesterday and lost some posts, so kept the later ones to a minimum, as I explained.
My reasoning was that the Frankfurt suspensions and injuries left the defence too weak.

Had a good look at the Swedish matches today, heard about the Landskrona problems, but my info is that Mjallby are also missing players, so decided to swerve the game.

Anyway, once again, thanks guys.

Regards