Saturday, September 16, 2006

"Time to say goodbye"



Marco Barrera has been a true champion and one of the greatest fighters of recent times. However, chancing a quick rematch with Rocky Juarez, may turn out to be one bout too many for the "Baby Faced Assasin".

Juarez is out for revenge, not just for the first fight, when he was awarded a draw, only for the result to be changed some 3 hours later, due to a "scoring error",but also for the Olympic gold medal he was robbed of, by a very controversial decision in 2000.

Juarez probably gave Barrera too much respect in the first bout, but the longer the fight went on the better he got and was very close to knocking out the Mexican. He now knows he can take the best Barrera can give and will not start so slowly this time.

Marco is the better boxer, but Rocky is very hungry and is desperate to put the record straight, in a recent interview he said .....

"That first fight against Barrera, when he had the belt around his waist, I touched it because it was something I needed to touch and say, you know what, that should have been mine.

"It was the same in the Olympics when I felt the gold medal should have been mine. I picked it up but of course I had to give it back. But that just makes me more determined to want to win it."

I guess I started too late in the first fight and that was one of the reasons why the fight was as close as it was. This time I have to start quicker and take bigger risks," .

"I feel that I have to beat him decisively the second time around. Not too many fighters get the second opportunity and I have to make the best of it and go out there and leave nothing behind."

Juarez is an explosive puncher and six years younger than his opponent, who looked an ageing fighter at times in their May meeting and may not be up to another 12 brutal rounds so soon.

I and my boxing "advisor" make Rocky a small favourite, at the odds on offer he is a golden betting opportunity and should finally get that coveted belt.

6 points Rocky Juarez to beat Marco Barrera 2.50 william hill/ 2.46 betfair, anything around 2.25 is value.

Good Luck.

No comments: