Friday, April 27, 2007

OPEN SEAT 2007 ...... BARCELONA ATP TENNIS ...... QUARTER - FINALS


I have had a long look at three of the quarter-finals, not much point in studying the Nadal match up, only injury can stop him.


Will not waste too much time in discussing the matches at length, just a few notes on each.


Ferrer should beat Nalbandian , he leads their h2h 4-1, 3-0 on clay and the Argentine has a lot of points to defend next week and may prefer to conserve some energy for then. However, 2.76 for Nalbandian looks big and I would not rush to oppose him at short prices, he is 57-24 lifetime on dirt and has had two comfortable straight sets wins this week, so I will let this one pass.


Hernandez surprised me by beating Nieminen yesterday, but it was more a case of the Finnish player beating himself. I would be amazed if he was to beat Augustin Calleri, who has now made the q-f here in 4 of 5 visits. The two met in Acapulco earlier this season, with Calleri the victor in 3 sets, Ladbrokes offer 4.50 for the same result today, no bet for me, but there are worse bets out there, if you are keen for an interest.


Finally, I cannot see Nikolay Davydenko troubling Guillermo Canas who is 9-1 on clay this year and 67-21 lifetime, unless he is troubled by injury, as he did have an injury time out yesterday, but seemed OK afterwards. I am still taking a small bet, it would have been bigger, but these concerns have stifled my enthusiasm somewhat. The Russian has not really got his act together this year and has struggled to beat Volandri and Schukin here, in what are his only two wins on the surface in 2007.


3 points Canas to beat Davydenko 1.667 Pinnacle Sports. davydenko withdrew... void


Good Luck.


No comments: