Tuesday, April 24, 2007

TERRY BUTCHER ......... BEES NEW MANAGER


The following is taken from the Brentford FC newletter....


Brentford Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of former England captain Terry Butcher as their new Manager.


The decision to appoint Terry was unanimous amongst the Board of Directors. Bees Chairman Greg Dyke said: "We are delighted to have obtained the services of Terry Butcher as Manager. His record as a player is second to none and stands as an inspiration to others. We were particularly impressed by his four year record at Motherwell where under his leadership and guidance the Club competed well above expectations. With that experience under his belt we believe that Terry is the right person to lead the Brentford fightback".


Brentford`s newly appointed Manager, Terry Butcher said: "I'm thrilled and delighted to be at Brentford Football Club. I was very impressed by the Board and the Chairman, and the plans they have for the future of the Club. I'm aware of everybody's desire to bounce back into League One and I want to start that process as soon as possible. I'm really looking forward to the challenge."


Not sure what I make of this appointment yet, going to sleep on it, but it is certainly higher profile than I expected. The players certainly need the "frighteners" put on them and I suggest he goes into pre season training on the first day, looking like this photograph !


Back later.

No comments: