Monday, December 21, 2009

THANK GOODNESS IT'S MONDAY !

Very poor week just ended and I am certainly glad to see the back of it. That was my worst single week since July and only the second losing week in eleven, but that doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Losers are an unavoidable occupational hazard and I do not normally dwell on them too long any more, but I was very unhappy with a couple of recent bets and have revised my approach slightly and actually dropped a couple of leagues from my portfolio. I wrote a little to subscribers about these this morning, my comments related to suspicious betting patterns in two european leagues, allied to what I have seen with my own eyes, which I was very uncomfortable with . Whilst much of this is guesswork, I am confident in my own mind that it is better to look elsewhere for winners. So, probably these were "cheap" losers in the long run.

Not much let up in the weather, I live in the south east of England and have had a 200 mm covering of snow in my garden for 4-5 days, which is almost unheard of, it normally clears the next day. Hard to say how this will affect the Boxing Day fixtures at the moment, the snow is not really a problem for groundsmen who can simple shovel it off, but they can do little about the ice around the stadiums, which caused the postponement of the Wigan game tonight. At present it is too cold for this to clear and unlike in other countries, we are not set up to handle these extremes of weather. No post delivered ,or refuse collected for four days........... Oh, to be in England, Now that December's there !

Anyway, plenty of matches to choose from this week, so I am sure that we will find something to bet on !

Good Luck.

No comments: