Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BAIRNS IN FOR AN EARLY SPANKING .............


I have a bit of a dilemma, having promised to put a preview online today, I am left with not a lot to choose from.

After much deliberation, I settled upon three games this morning, one was an "over" selection and I have no wish to go down that route in the blog after yesterday, another was Luton, who I took at -1/4 ball @2.05 , also advising this to a couple of others (!) and they are now trading at 1.77 which is of no interest at all. Therefore, I am left with just my third choice, which was a first half bet on a SPL game, very compelling I hear you cry !

Anyway, very briefly, I took Motherwell off level ball in the first 45 minutes at circa 1.84, away to basement club Falkirk. This is a bet I have taken in a couple of Falkirk games recently and it has worked well, the Bairns have had a season they would like to forget with just two wins, yet their record before the break is , arguably, even worse, having not drunk their half time cuppa holding a lead of any description this campaign and with only five goals in 19 starts, or 855 minutes of football.

To say they are slow starters is a bit of an understatement and I do not see them having too much joy this evening facing what is sure to be a motivated visitor. Motherwell are currently in 6th spot and very keen to hold on to that place and the increased revenue that comes with it over the final five games of the season. They currently lie two points ahead of Aberdeen, having played a game more and travel to play the Dons on Saturday, so would like to have these points in the bag ahead of that far more difficult looking fixture.

This is a traditionally close game, with six of the last eight h2h meetings here being decided by a single goal, with the other two drawn. Taking Well off level ball in the HT market, given the hosts record looks a bet to nothing (dangerous and famous last words !) and is still reasonably priced at around 1.80.

Good Luck.

No comments: