Saturday, June 12, 2010

SATURDAY .......


Games yesterday went pretty much as I thought, I liked the draw in the Uruguay-France match and as you know, Mexico with the level ball option. Guess that the draw there was a fair result, after the hosts dominated the second period, but "El Tri" should have been at least two up by half time.

I did not bother posting a preview of the South Korea - Greece game this lunchtime, you will know from the post below which team I favoured and off level ball and odds against this morning, they were a very good price, they are two up with 5 minutes to play as I type and hopefully they can hold on !

Took a smaller interest in the other two games, but am not going to post a proper preview on either. However, a line or two about England - USA from my notes written earlier today ........
I also touched upon the US previously too and feel they will progress along with England from this group, they are incredibly fit, like the conditions here, are a very well drilled unit and will not give England a moment's peace especially in midfield, where Barry will be sorely missed in the holding role if he does not start. England have been slow starters in recent games, but don't expect them to concede early , as they have allowed a first half goal on average every 416 minutes in their last 37 outings. USA started their qualification camapign with 7 clean sheets from 9 matches and with a cautious yet committed performance from both, I feel the half time draw offers real value at very decent odds.


Half time draw 2.48 exchanges.


Good Luck.

No comments: